Re: [xep-support] XEP-generated PDFs and "save as RTF"

From: Louis Amdur <LAmdur@symantec.com>
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 08:39:24 PDT

Thanks for the response, Alexei. When I set the ENABLE-ACCESSIBILITY
option to true, I can indeed save as RTF but the resulting documents have
no space between the words. The PDFs have spaces between words but (I
haven't looked at the PS itself yet) but they are not selectable using the
Acrobat select tool, so I don't know exactly what type of intra-word
spaces are being produced by XEP. Note:This is only an issue with the
accessibility option set: PDFs produced without it set contain proper
spaces.

Lou

____________
Lou Amdur
Senior Principal Information Developer
Symantec
(310) 449-7005

"Alexei Gagarinov" <agagarinov@renderx.com>
Sent by: owner-xep-support@renderx.com
06/24/2005 03:33 AM
Please respond to
xep-support@renderx.com

<xep-support@renderx.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [xep-support] XEP-generated PDFs and "save as RTF"

Hello Louis,

The workaround is simple - just use accessible PDFs.
You can create an accessible PDF document (with XEP 4.3 or higher) using
ENABLE_ACCESSIBILITY option.

Best regards,
  Alexei Gagarinov
RenderX